- 10 slice prosciutto (150g)
- 500 gram (1 pound) minced (ground) beef
- 315 gram (10 ounces) sausage mince
- 1 carrot (120g), grated coarsely
- 1 zucchini (120g), grated coarsely
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/3 cup (95g) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 750 gram (1½ pounds) potatoes, chopped coarsely
- 30 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) hot cream
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil 15cm x 20cm (6 inch x 8 inch) loaf pan.
- 2Line base and sides of pan with prosciutto, leaving overhang on long sides of pan to cover top of loaf.
- 3Combine both minces, carrot, zucchini, onion, garlic, egg and breadcrumbs in large bowl; season. Press beef mixture into pan; fold prosciutto over top to cover mixture. Bake, covered, 50 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine sauces, sugar and mustard in small bowl.
- 5Remove meatloaf from oven; drain juices from pan. Carefully invert meatloaf onto foil-lined oven tray.
- 6Brush meatloaf with half the sauce mixture; bake, uncovered, basting occasionally with sauce mixture, about 20 minutes. Stand 10 minutes; slice thickly.
- 7Meanwhile, for potato mash, boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain. Mash potato in large bowl with butter and cream until smooth, season to taste.
- 8Combine the water with remaining sauce mixture in small saucepan; stir over heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 9Serve meatloaf with potato mash and sauce.
potato mash If you can't find sausage mince, buy the same weight in sausages and simply squeeze the mince from the sausage skins.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019