- 200 gram butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 3 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Using an electric mixture, beat mixture until light and fluffy. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4Sift flour, spices and soda together. Fold into butter mixture until well combined.
- 5Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on trays, allowing a little space between each. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.