- 200 gram butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 3 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Using an electric mixture, beat mixture until light and fluffy. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4Sift flour, spices and soda together. Fold into butter mixture until well combined.
- 5Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on trays, allowing a little space between each. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019