- 1 1/2 cup (300g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 250 gram butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (175g) golden syrup
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cup (320g) icing sugar mixture
- 1Ppreheat oven to 160°C. Grease a deep 23cm-square cake pan and line base with baking paper.
- 2Sift dry ingredients into large bowl of electric mixer, add remaining ingredients. Beat mixture on low speed until ingredients are combined, then beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour. Using metal spatula, spread mixture into prepared pan.
- 3Bake cake for about 90 minutes. Cover cake loosely with foil about halfway through baking time if cake is overbrowning. Stand cake 10 minutes, turn onto wire rack, turn top-side up to cool.
- 4To make lemon frosting, use a wooden spoon to beat butter and rind together in small bowl. Gradually beat in juice and icing sugar.
- 5Spread cold cake with lemon frosting.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019