- 4 eggs ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 gram (3 ounces) butter, melted
- 8 thick slices white bread (360g)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Dip two bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time; cook bread about 1 minute each side or until browned on both sides. Remove french toast from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Repeat step 2 to make a total of eight french toasts.
- 4Serve toasts dusted with sifted icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
You could also use slices of brioche or panettone instead of white bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019