- 4 eggs ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 gram (3 ounces) butter, melted
- 8 thick slices white bread (360g)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Dip two bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time; cook bread about 1 minute each side or until browned on both sides. Remove french toast from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Repeat step 2 to make a total of eight french toasts.
- 4Serve toasts dusted with sifted icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
You could also use slices of brioche or panettone instead of white bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019