- 4 eggs ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 gram (3 ounces) butter, melted
- 8 thick slices white bread (360g)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Dip two bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time; cook bread about 1 minute each side or until browned on both sides. Remove french toast from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Repeat step 2 to make a total of eight french toasts.
- 4Serve toasts dusted with sifted icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
You could also use slices of brioche or panettone instead of white bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Verjuice chicken and leek stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken paprikashYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut beef curryYesterday 2:00pm