- 4 eggs ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 gram (3 ounces) butter, melted
- 8 thick slices white bread (360g)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Dip two bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time; cook bread about 1 minute each side or until browned on both sides. Remove french toast from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Repeat step 2 to make a total of eight french toasts.
- 4Serve toasts dusted with sifted icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
You could also use slices of brioche or panettone instead of white bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm