- 4 eggs ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 gram (3 ounces) butter, melted
- 8 thick slices white bread (360g)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Dip two bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time; cook bread about 1 minute each side or until browned on both sides. Remove french toast from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Repeat step 2 to make a total of eight french toasts.
- 4Serve toasts dusted with sifted icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
You could also use slices of brioche or panettone instead of white bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chinese omelettesYesterday 1:00pm
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Traditional shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon and sugar pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsYesterday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataOct 21, 2020
- Spinach dip cob loafOct 21, 2020