- 4 eggs ½ cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 gram (3 ounces) butter, melted
- 8 thick slices white bread (360g)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Dip two bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time; cook bread about 1 minute each side or until browned on both sides. Remove french toast from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 3Repeat step 2 to make a total of eight french toasts.
- 4Serve toasts dusted with sifted icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
You could also use slices of brioche or panettone instead of white bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- DukkahJan 13, 2022
- Bourbon butter 1kg peach pieJan 13, 2022