- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- 150 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup (295g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Blend cocoa with the water in large bowl until smooth. Add chocolate, butter, sugar, hazelnut meal and egg yolks; stir until combined.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- 4Pour mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour. Stand cake in pan 15 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool. Dust with sifted extra cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019