- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- 150 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup (295g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Blend cocoa with the water in large bowl until smooth. Add chocolate, butter, sugar, hazelnut meal and egg yolks; stir until combined.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- 4Pour mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour. Stand cake in pan 15 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool. Dust with sifted extra cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022