- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- 150 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup (295g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Blend cocoa with the water in large bowl until smooth. Add chocolate, butter, sugar, hazelnut meal and egg yolks; stir until combined.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- 4Pour mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour. Stand cake in pan 15 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool. Dust with sifted extra cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021