- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- 150 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup (295g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (100g) hazelnut meal
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Blend cocoa with the water in large bowl until smooth. Add chocolate, butter, sugar, hazelnut meal and egg yolks; stir until combined.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- 4Pour mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour. Stand cake in pan 15 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool. Dust with sifted extra cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 12:26am
- Banoffee pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingYesterday 12:13am
- White ChristmasNov 13, 2019
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseNov 13, 2019
- How to make basic sconesNov 13, 2019
- Caesar saladNov 13, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladNov 13, 2019
- Meatloaf recipe - classicNov 13, 2019
- Lemon meringue pieNov 13, 2019
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeNov 13, 2019
- Curried sausagesNov 13, 2019
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019