- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 125 gram unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1Sift flour into medium bowl, make well in centre; add eggs and oil then gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour batter into large jug, cover; stand 1 hour.
- 2Heat greased heavy-based crêpe pan or small frying pan; pour ¼ cup of batter into pan, tilting pan to coat base. Cook, over low heat, until browned lightly, loosening edge of crêpe with spatula. Turn crêpe; brown other side. Remove crêpe from pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make a total of eight crêpes, greasing pan each time.
- 3Make orange liqueur sauce. Melt butter in large frying pan, add sugar; cook, stirring, until mixture begins to brown. Add strained juices; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until a golden colour. Remove from heat; add liqueur, ignite.
- 4Fold crêpes in half then in half again, place in sauce; warm over low heat.
- 5Remove crêpes to serving plates; pour hot sauce over crêpes. Serve with orange slices, if you like.
Be very careful when igniting the sauce, use extra long matches, available from supermarkets or camping stores, or a barbecue lighter and make sure overhead exhaust fans are turned off. Igniting the sauce burns off the alcohol, leaving a more intense flavour. If you prefer, the sauce can be served as is, without first igniting it.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these good-luck dishesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020