- 310 gram canned corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 3 cup (480g) shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cup (240g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 cup (240g) light sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 x 20cm (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, loosely packed
- 2 (180g) limes, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Oil a large ovenproof dish.
- 2Combine corn, chicken, half the cheddar, the sour cream, garlic, chopped coriander and cayenne in a medium bowl, season to taste.
- 3Divide chicken mixture onto centre of tortillas, roll tortillas to enclose filling, folding in sides. Place burritos in dish, sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 4Sprinkle burritos with remaining coriander, serve with lime wedges.
Mexican is a popular cuisine, especially with children. Cayenne pepper, however, is extremely hot so the amount used should be adjusted depending on whether you are cooking for adults or kids. You can use 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels instead of canned, if you prefer. A large barbecued chicken weighing about 900g (1¾ pounds) should give you 3 cups of shredded chicken meat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021