- 310 gram canned corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 3 cup (480g) shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cup (240g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 cup (240g) light sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 x 20cm (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, loosely packed
- 2 (180g) limes, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Oil a large ovenproof dish.
- 2Combine corn, chicken, half the cheddar, the sour cream, garlic, chopped coriander and cayenne in a medium bowl, season to taste.
- 3Divide chicken mixture onto centre of tortillas, roll tortillas to enclose filling, folding in sides. Place burritos in dish, sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 4Sprinkle burritos with remaining coriander, serve with lime wedges.
Mexican is a popular cuisine, especially with children. Cayenne pepper, however, is extremely hot so the amount used should be adjusted depending on whether you are cooking for adults or kids. You can use 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels instead of canned, if you prefer. A large barbecued chicken weighing about 900g (1¾ pounds) should give you 3 cups of shredded chicken meat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019