- 310 gram canned corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 3 cup (480g) shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cup (240g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 cup (240g) light sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 x 20cm (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, loosely packed
- 2 (180g) limes, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Oil a large ovenproof dish.
- 2Combine corn, chicken, half the cheddar, the sour cream, garlic, chopped coriander and cayenne in a medium bowl, season to taste.
- 3Divide chicken mixture onto centre of tortillas, roll tortillas to enclose filling, folding in sides. Place burritos in dish, sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 4Sprinkle burritos with remaining coriander, serve with lime wedges.
Mexican is a popular cuisine, especially with children. Cayenne pepper, however, is extremely hot so the amount used should be adjusted depending on whether you are cooking for adults or kids. You can use 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels instead of canned, if you prefer. A large barbecued chicken weighing about 900g (1¾ pounds) should give you 3 cups of shredded chicken meat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019