Create the perfect Christmas gift with your bonus Chocolate House Kit when you buy this month's special issue of The Australian Women's Weekly at Woolworths. Hurry while stocks last!
- 400 grams milk or dark chocolate melts
- 75 gram white chocolate melts
- edible gold stars and red sugar pearls, for decoration
- 3 plastic piping bags
- 1 mini Chocolate house mould (available with The Australian Women's Weekly Christmas 2018 issue, while stocks last).
- 1Place 325g milk or dark chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) power for about 4 minutes, stirring every minute, or until melted; transfer the melted chocolate to a plastic piping bag. Cut a 3mm hole in the tip of the bag
- 2Pipe half the melted chocolate into one of the moulds; tap mould on the bench to settle the chocolate. Repeat with the other half of the chocolate and mould. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- 3Remove chocolate pieces from the moulds.
- 4Place the white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) power for about 1½ minutes, stirring halfway, or until melted. Transfer melted chocolate into a clean piping bag. Cut a 2mm hole in the tip of the bag. Decorate the front door, sleigh, tree and other smaller chocolate pieces as desired. Attach gold stars with a little melted chocolate. Allow to set.
- 5To assemble the house, place the remaining milk or dark chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) power for about 1½ minutes, stirring halfway, or until melted. Transfer the melted chocolate into a clean piping bag. Cut a 3mm hole in the tip.
- 6Lay the sides, back and front door of the house on bench, decorative side down. To glue the house together, pipe the melted milk chocolate along short sides of the house. Join sides of house to front and back-door panels, pressing firmly until set.
- 7Pipe melted chocolate along top of front and back door. Attach roof panel with flat side at top; attach remaining roof panel.
- 8Glue chimney pieces together with melted chocolate and attach to roof. Re-melt white chocolate in bag if it's set and decorate roof with stars and sugar pearls. Attach candy canes, wreath and sleigh to house with a little melted chocolate, if desired.
- Allowing the chocolate to set at room temperature will maintain its glossiness. You can set chocolate faster in a refrigerator, but it will cause the surface to become cloudy and dull.
- Plastic piping bags are available from the baking section of supermarkets. Resealable snap-lock bags can also be used if piping bags are unavailable.