- 80 grams dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, plus extra, to dust
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 militres thickened cream
- 250 grams strawberries
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan- forced). Mark an 18cm circle on a sheet of baking paper; place, marked-side down, on a greased oven tray. Grease the paper lightly and dust with the extra cornflour.
- 2Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water (don't allow bowl to touch water); stir until just melted. Cool slightly.
- 3Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition and until mixture is thick and glossy.
- 4Fold cornflour and vinegar through meringue mixture; place half the melted chocolate in small spoonfuls on meringue. Dollop large spoonfuls of the meringue mixture inside marked circle on tray; top with remaining chocolate in small spoonfuls. Using a palette knife or the back of a spoon, gently swirl chocolate into meringue.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Bake meringue for 1 hour 15 minutes or until dry to the touch. Turn oven off; leave meringue to cool in oven with door ajar.
- 6Meanwhile, dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, then immediately plunge them into iced water to set. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 7Just before serving, place pavlova on a serving platter; top with cream and Choc-dipped Strawberries.
Not suitable to freeze. Chocolate suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020