- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal plain flour
- 150 grams cold butter, chopped coarsely
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) water, extra
- 200 free-range chicken breast fillet
- 300 spinach, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 250 grams packaged brown microwave rice
- 200 grams fetta, crumbled
- 2 cups (480g) ricotta
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Process flours and butter until crumbly. Whisk together 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the water in a small jug until combined. Add to flour mixture; process until mixture almost forms a dough. Knead pastry on a floured surface until smooth.
- 2Roll dough between sheets of floured baking paper into a 1cm (½-inch) thick, 32cm round, large enough to line a 24cm (9½-inch) springform pan. Lift pastry into pan; press over base and three-quarters of the way up the side. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 4Bring the extra water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add chicken; return to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken; cool 10 minutes then shred coarsely.
- 5Return water to the boil; cook spinach for 1 minute or until wilted. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain. Squeeze out excess water.
- 6Lightly beat remaining eggs in a large bowl. Add spinach, chicken, garlic, rice, fetta, ricotta, green onion and parsley; stir to combine. Fill pastry case with chicken filling.
- 7Bake pie for 50 minutes or until pie is cooked through and pastry is golden.
Serve with a green leaf salad and lemon wedges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022