- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 kilogram (3 pounds) chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded black olives, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat half the oil in large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in wine, vinegar, stock, undrained tomatoes, paste and anchovies.
- 3Return chicken to pan, fitting pieces tightly together in a single layer; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced. Skim fat from surface; stir in olives and parsley, season to taste.
Recipe is suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am