- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 kilogram (3 pounds) chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded black olives, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat half the oil in large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in wine, vinegar, stock, undrained tomatoes, paste and anchovies.
- 3Return chicken to pan, fitting pieces tightly together in a single layer; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced. Skim fat from surface; stir in olives and parsley, season to taste.
Recipe is suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019