- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 kilogram (3 pounds) chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded black olives, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat half the oil in large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in wine, vinegar, stock, undrained tomatoes, paste and anchovies.
- 3Return chicken to pan, fitting pieces tightly together in a single layer; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced. Skim fat from surface; stir in olives and parsley, season to taste.
Recipe is suitable to freeze.