- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 kilogram (3 pounds) chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded black olives, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat half the oil in large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in wine, vinegar, stock, undrained tomatoes, paste and anchovies.
- 3Return chicken to pan, fitting pieces tightly together in a single layer; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced. Skim fat from surface; stir in olives and parsley, season to taste.
Recipe is suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Arancini with prosciutto and peasYesterday 4:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 17, 2019
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019