- 500 grams broccoli, cut into small florets
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 2 1/2 cups (400g) shredded barbecued chicken
- 4 slices (280g) sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, extra,
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a deep 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Cook broccoli in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until just tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Cool.
- 3Melt butter in same cleaned pan; add flour. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in the milk; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in cheddar, chicken and broccoli; season. Spoon mixture into dish.
- 4Tear bread into pieces; combine with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Sprinkle bread mixture on top of chicken mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with extra parsley.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019