Sweet, golden and wonderfully fluffy, these friands are packed full of juicy cherries to create a perfect morning or afternoon tea treat.
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 6 egg-whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 500 gram fresh cherries, pitted
- 1Preheat oven to moderately hot 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Grease 12 small rectangular pans or a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup/80ml capacity).
- 3In a bowl, combine butter, egg-whites, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour. Stir to combine. Divide mixture among the pans; sprinkle with cherries. Bake for about 25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.
This recipe can be made two days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chicken rissolesNov 30, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceNov 30, 2021
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 30, 2021
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021