Sweet, golden and wonderfully fluffy, these friands are packed full of juicy cherries to create a perfect morning or afternoon tea treat.
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 6 egg-whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 500 gram fresh cherries, pitted
- 1Preheat oven to moderately hot 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Grease 12 small rectangular pans or a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup/80ml capacity).
- 3In a bowl, combine butter, egg-whites, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour. Stir to combine. Divide mixture among the pans; sprinkle with cherries. Bake for about 25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.
This recipe can be made two days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm