Sweet, golden and wonderfully fluffy, these friands are packed full of juicy cherries to create a perfect morning or afternoon tea treat.
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 6 egg-whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 500 gram fresh cherries, pitted
- 1Preheat oven to moderately hot 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Grease 12 small rectangular pans or a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup/80ml capacity).
- 3In a bowl, combine butter, egg-whites, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour. Stir to combine. Divide mixture among the pans; sprinkle with cherries. Bake for about 25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.
This recipe can be made two days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021