Sweet, golden and wonderfully fluffy, these friands are packed full of juicy cherries to create a perfect morning or afternoon tea treat.
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 6 egg-whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 500 gram fresh cherries, pitted
- 1Preheat oven to moderately hot 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Grease 12 small rectangular pans or a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup/80ml capacity).
- 3In a bowl, combine butter, egg-whites, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour. Stir to combine. Divide mixture among the pans; sprinkle with cherries. Bake for about 25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.
This recipe can be made two days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022