Having mates around and not sure what to serve your vegetarian friends or you just want to add more veg. Jazz up your next barbecue with this tasty meat alternative. Grill cauliflower steaks till soft and tender tand serve with a zesty chermoula dressing.
- 1 large cauliflower (2kg)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium ox heart tomatoes (440g), sliced thickly
- 125 grams baby rocket leaves
- ½ cup (125g) chopped roasted red capsicum (see tips)
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped preserved lemon rind (see tips)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons chipotle chilli powder (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Preheat a covered barbecue with all burners on low and hood closed until temperature reaches 240°C (or follow manufacturer's instructions). Line a disposable foil roasting pan with baking paper.
- 2Cut cauliflower into 1.5cm slices (the outer slices may crumble). Place cauliflower slices and any remaining florets in pan; drizzle with oil and season. Place pan in the centre of the barbecue. Turn burners off underneath cauliflower, leaving other burners on low. Cook with the hood closed for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, make chermoula. Process ingredients in a small food processor to a thick paste. Season to taste.
- 4Serve roasted cauliflower steaks with tomato and rocket, drizzled with chermoula.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022