- 250 gram plain wheaten biscuits
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 500 gram cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 380 gram can caramel topping
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan; place on a baking tray. Process biscuits to make fine crumbs. Add butter, then process to combine. Press crumbs firmly over base of prepared pan. Chill until needed.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and essence in a small bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Place caramel topping in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- 3Pour half cream cheese mixture over base. Drizzle with half caramel topping. Repeat layers. Using a fine-bladed knife or skewer, swirl caramel through cream cheese mixture. Bake for 1 hour or until firm. Turn off oven; cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 2 hours or until it reaches room temperature.
Cool cheesecake in oven to prevent cracking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021