- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250ml) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (70g) low-fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light olive oil
- jam, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and flour a baking tray.
- 2Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl; make a well in centre. Lightly whisk milk, yoghurt and oil together. Add to flour, stirring quickly with a knife, to form a soft dough, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- 3Drop heaped tablespoons of dough onto prepared tray, 3cm apart. Bake 12-15 minutes, until risen and golden. Serve warm with jam.
Stir in a little grated orange or lemon rind or mixed spice to flavour these scones.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Baker's dozen homemade croissantsJan 18, 2022
- Cauliflower mac 'n' cheeseJan 18, 2022