- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250ml) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (70g) low-fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light olive oil
- jam, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and flour a baking tray.
- 2Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl; make a well in centre. Lightly whisk milk, yoghurt and oil together. Add to flour, stirring quickly with a knife, to form a soft dough, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- 3Drop heaped tablespoons of dough onto prepared tray, 3cm apart. Bake 12-15 minutes, until risen and golden. Serve warm with jam.
Stir in a little grated orange or lemon rind or mixed spice to flavour these scones.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021