- 2 kg chicken wing nibbles (see tip)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra hot chilli sauce
- ½ cup (140g) barbecue sauce
- 4 lebanese cucumbers (520g)
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat a 7-litre (28-cup) slow cooker on HIGH.
- 2Place wings, chilli sauce, ⅓ cup of the barbecue sauce, the oil and vinegar in slow cooker; mix well. Ensure wings are in an even layer. Cook, covered, for 1 hour 30 minutes. Carefully transfer wings to a large oven tray.
- 3Preheat oven grill (broiler); grill wings until golden all over.
- 4Meanwhile, remove flameproof insert of slow cooker (or transfer sauce to a saucepan) and place on the stovetop, or adjust slow cooker to 'reduce' (HIGH) setting. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until reduced slightly and thickened. Pour over grilled wings.
- 5Cut cucumbers into quarters lengthways. Swirl remaining barbecue sauce through yoghurt.
- 6Season wings; serve with yoghurt sauce and cucumber.
tip Chicken wing nibbles are prepared chicken wings separated at the joints, with the wingtips discarded. Use the same weight of whole chicken wings, if preferred.prep it Combine wings with sauces, oil and vinegar following instructions in step 2 the day before and refrigerate, covered. Transfer wings and marinade to a preheated slow cooker and continue with the recipe.serve it perfect potato salad, classic coleslaw or lemony lettuce wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021