- 1 kilogram broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup (30g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (60g) coarsely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (130g) passata (tomato cooking sauce)
- 2 small zucchini (180g), sliced thinly into ribbons
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 fresh small red (serrano) chilli, sliced thinly
- 100 gram buffalo mozzarella, torn roughly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper; mark a 22cm round on each sheet of paper, turn paper over.
- 2Process broccoli until finely chopped. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl, cover; microwave on HIGH (100%) for 12 minutes or until tender (you can steam the broccoli instead, but do not boil it as this will make the crust too soggy).
- 3Drain broccoli. When cool enough to handle, place broccoli in the centre of a clean tea towel; gather the ends together, then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- 4Place broccoli in a large bowl with cheddar, egg and 1/4 cup of the parmesan; stir to combine. Season. Divide broccoli mixture between trays; spread mixture inside the marked rounds, smooth the surface.
- 5Bake bases for 25 minutes or until golden.
- 6Spread bases with passata, top with half the zucchini and half the basil, the chilli, mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 7Meanwhile, combine oil, rind, juice, remaining zucchini and remaining basil in a medium bowl; season.
- 8Serve pizzas topped with zucchini salad.
Broccoli stems can also be used here, if desired. When broccoli is cheap make double the 'pizza' bases up to the end of step 3 and freeze them. Layer between sheets of baking paper, in an airtight container and freeze up to 3 months. Then, defrost in the fridge and continue from step 4.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022