- 1 medium kumara (orange sweet potato) (400g)
- 60 gram broccoli, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (25g) crumbled walnuts
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/3 cup (40g) grated vintage cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Prick kumara all over with a sharp knife. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes or until soft.
- 3When cool enough to handle, trim top off kumara; scoop flesh into a small bowl and mash. Stir in broccoli, walnuts, 1½ tablespoons of the chives, mustard and ¼ cup of the cheddar Season to taste.
- 4Spoon broccoli mixture into kumara. Place kumara on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- 5Spoon broccoli mixture into kumara. Place kumara on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Crumbed walnuts, so labelled, are available in the baking aisle at most supermarkets; if you can’t find them, simply coarsely chop whole walnuts. Try other vegetables in the kumara filling, such as chopped spinach, peas, corn or green beans. Starting the cooking process of the kumara in the microwave reduces the cooking time by more than half. However, if you don’t have a microwave, you can do step 2 in the oven. Wrap kumara in foil, roast at 200°C for 40 minutes; unwrap and proceed with the recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020