- 1 pomegranate (320g)
- 250 gram blueberries
- 250 gram raspberries
- 85 gram packet raspberry jelly crystals
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250ml) pomegranate juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 500 gram mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) irish cream liqueur
- 1Remove seeds from pomegranate (see notes); combine seeds and berries in a large bowl. Divide two-thirds of the mixture into eight 1 cup (250ml) glasses. Place glasses in one or two large containers with a lid for transporting.
- 2Place jelly crystals in a large measuring jug; add the boiling water. Stir until crystals dissolve. Stir in the pomegranate juice.
- 3Pour jelly mixture evenly over berry mixture in the glasses. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight until set.
- 4Whisk egg yolks, mascarpone, sugar and liqueur in a medium bowl until combined. Spoon mascarpone mixture over berry jelly. Cover, keep chilled until serving. Just before serving, top with remaining berry mixture.
To remove pomegranate seeds: cut the pomegranate in half crossways, and using your fingers, scrape the seeds from the flesh while holding the pomegranate upside-down in a bowl of cold water; the seeds will sink and the white pith will float to the surface. Discard the pith, and drain the seeds before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021