- 1 small red capsicum (150g)
- 400 gram beef mince
- 150 gram sausage mince
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (25g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (80g) coarsely chopped seeded green olives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 8 bacon rashers (560g), rind removed, sliced thickly lengthways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Quarter capsicum; discard seeds and membrane. Roast under grill or in a very hot oven, skin-side up, until skin blisters and blackens. Cover capsicum pieces with plastic or paper for 5 minutes. Peel away skin; slice capsicum thinly.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 8cm x 25cm bar cake pan with plastic wrap. Lightly oil 25cm x 30cm swiss roll pan.
- 3Using hand, combine minces, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, olives and herbs in large bowl. Press half of the meatloaf mixture into bar pan. Lay capsicum strips over top, leaving 1cm border; press remaining meatloaf mixture over capsicum.
- 4Turn bar pan onto swiss roll pan; remove plastic wrap from meatloaf. Cover top and sides of meatloaf with bacon, overlapping slices. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 5To make barbecue glaze; combine ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for apx 5 minutes.
- 6Pour off any excess fat from meatloaf, brush with glaze; bake, uncovered for 25 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through. Stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm