- 1/3 cup (35g) walnuts
- 2/3 cup (90g) pistachios
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 250 gram butternut snap biscuits
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds
- 125 gram unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 500 gram cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a 26cm-closed springform pan.
- 2Roast walnuts and pistachios on an oven tray for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle nuts with spice; roast for 1 minute, cool. Process spiced nuts with biscuits until fine; transfer to a medium bowl, stir in almonds.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter; cool slightly.
- 4Set aside one-third of the nut mixture. Stir butter into remaining nut mixture. Press mixture evenly over base of pan; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Add gelatine to the water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water; stir until gelatine is dissolved. Cool.
- 6Beat cream cheese, sugar and honey in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; beat in cream. Stir in gelatine mixture.
- 7Pour cream cheese mixture into pan; sprinkle top with reserved nut mixture. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am