This classic rice pudding is the perfect remedy for those chilly winter evenings. The addition of nutmeg, vanilla and sultanas takes it from a stodgy childhood memory to a contemporary culinary delight.
- 4 eggs
- ¹⁄³ cup (75g) caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 300 ml cream
- ¹⁄³ cup (50g) raisins
- 1½ cups cold cooked white medium-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- 2Whisk eggs, sugar and extract in medium bowl until combined. Whisk in milk and cream; stir in raisins and rice.
- 3Pour mixture into dish. Place dish in large baking dish; pour enough boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up sides of dish. Bake 30 minutes, whisking lightly with fork under skin occasionally. Sprinkle with cinnamon; bake 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021