This classic rice pudding is the perfect remedy for those chilly winter evenings. The addition of nutmeg, vanilla and sultanas takes it from a stodgy childhood memory to a contemporary culinary delight.
- 4 eggs
- ¹⁄³ cup (75g) caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 300 ml cream
- ¹⁄³ cup (50g) raisins
- 1½ cups cold cooked white medium-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- 2Whisk eggs, sugar and extract in medium bowl until combined. Whisk in milk and cream; stir in raisins and rice.
- 3Pour mixture into dish. Place dish in large baking dish; pour enough boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up sides of dish. Bake 30 minutes, whisking lightly with fork under skin occasionally. Sprinkle with cinnamon; bake 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022