- 250 grams butternut snap biscuits, broken into pieces
- 80 grams unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) pouring cream
- 100 grams dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped finely
- 500 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup (160g) sour cream
- 380 grams canned caramel top 'n' fill
- 1Grease a deep 22cm (9in) round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm (2in) over side.
- 2Process biscuits until fine. Add butter; process until combined. Press mixture evenly over base of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat cream in a small saucepan over low heat for 1 minute or until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth (do not overbeat). Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined; beat in sour cream.
- 5Spread half the caramel over biscuit base. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate mixture and remaining caramel onto cream cheese mixture. Use a bamboo skewer to swirl mixtures together.
- 6Bake for 50 minutes or until just set around the edge, but still slightly wobbly in the centre. Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Whisk caramel before using. Swap butternut snap biscuits with plain or chocolate biscuits if you prefer. If you use another type of biscuit, add enough extra melted butter until the crumbs come together; you may need 125g (4oz).Use a hot dry knife to cut the cheesecake, wiping the blade clean between cuts.The cheesecake can be made a day ahead; keep covered, in the fridge.Serve topped with whipped cream or ice-cream and grated chocolate.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021