- 1 1/2 cup (250g) dried apricots
- 500 gram plain sweet biscuits
- 250 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1Grease 23cm x 32cm swiss roll pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 2Process apricots until finely chopped; transfer to a large bowl. Process biscuits, in two batches, until finely crushed; transfer to bowl with apricots.
- 3Combine butter, sugar and condensed milk in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until butter is melted. Bring to the boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir into apricot mixture.
- 4Spread mixture into pan; smooth surface. Sprinkle with coconut; cool. Refrigerate slice until firm before cutting into squares or bars.
Store squares in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Place the saucepan over a small gas jet or element to prevent burning the mixture around the edge of the pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022
- Chinese honey chickenMay 16, 2022