- 1 1/2 cup (250g) dried apricots
- 500 gram plain sweet biscuits
- 250 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1Grease 23cm x 32cm swiss roll pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 2Process apricots until finely chopped; transfer to a large bowl. Process biscuits, in two batches, until finely crushed; transfer to bowl with apricots.
- 3Combine butter, sugar and condensed milk in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until butter is melted. Bring to the boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir into apricot mixture.
- 4Spread mixture into pan; smooth surface. Sprinkle with coconut; cool. Refrigerate slice until firm before cutting into squares or bars.
Store squares in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Place the saucepan over a small gas jet or element to prevent burning the mixture around the edge of the pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021