- 8 medium red apples (1.2kg)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 3 cup (375g) cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) almonds
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup, extra
- 1 1/2 cup (420g) unsweetened vanilla-bean yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Peel and core apples; cut into 2cm (¾-inch) pieces. Place apple and the water in a large saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- 3Place apple and cooking liquid in a large bowl; stir in cherries, cinnamon, extract and maple syrup until combined. Spoon into a 2 litre (8-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 4Process nuts, flour and rosemary until nuts are chopped coarsely. With motor operating, add coconut oil and extra maple syrup until well combined. Spoon crumble mixture over fruit (piling crumble high on top of fruit as it will sink down curing cooking).
- 5Bake for 40 minutes or until crumble topping is golden and fruit is soft. Serve with yoghurt.
Coconut oil is a solidified oil sold in jars and is available from major supermarkets and health food stores. Melt coconut oil as you would butter, either in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Cherries are rich in vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants. While fresh is best, if they are out of season, you can use frozen pitted cherries in this recipe instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesToday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesToday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make a chocolate hazelnut cheesecake in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make classic chocolate brownies in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti marinaraYesterday 2:00pm
- Seafood chowderYesterday 2:00pm
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020