- 8 medium red apples (1.2kg)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 3 cup (375g) cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) almonds
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup, extra
- 1 1/2 cup (420g) unsweetened vanilla-bean yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Peel and core apples; cut into 2cm (¾-inch) pieces. Place apple and the water in a large saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- 3Place apple and cooking liquid in a large bowl; stir in cherries, cinnamon, extract and maple syrup until combined. Spoon into a 2 litre (8-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 4Process nuts, flour and rosemary until nuts are chopped coarsely. With motor operating, add coconut oil and extra maple syrup until well combined. Spoon crumble mixture over fruit (piling crumble high on top of fruit as it will sink down curing cooking).
- 5Bake for 40 minutes or until crumble topping is golden and fruit is soft. Serve with yoghurt.
Coconut oil is a solidified oil sold in jars and is available from major supermarkets and health food stores. Melt coconut oil as you would butter, either in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Cherries are rich in vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants. While fresh is best, if they are out of season, you can use frozen pitted cherries in this recipe instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019