- 8 medium red apples (1.2kg)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 3 cup (375g) cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) almonds
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup, extra
- 1 1/2 cup (420g) unsweetened vanilla-bean yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Peel and core apples; cut into 2cm (¾-inch) pieces. Place apple and the water in a large saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- 3Place apple and cooking liquid in a large bowl; stir in cherries, cinnamon, extract and maple syrup until combined. Spoon into a 2 litre (8-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- 4Process nuts, flour and rosemary until nuts are chopped coarsely. With motor operating, add coconut oil and extra maple syrup until well combined. Spoon crumble mixture over fruit (piling crumble high on top of fruit as it will sink down curing cooking).
- 5Bake for 40 minutes or until crumble topping is golden and fruit is soft. Serve with yoghurt.
Coconut oil is a solidified oil sold in jars and is available from major supermarkets and health food stores. Melt coconut oil as you would butter, either in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Cherries are rich in vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants. While fresh is best, if they are out of season, you can use frozen pitted cherries in this recipe instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019
- Cocktail sauceDec 02, 2019