- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse cooking salt (kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon (3g) dried yeast
- 3/4 cup (180ml) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gram baby green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 500 gram frozen broad beans (fava beans)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 300 gram marinated chilli labne
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, extra
- 2 1/2 teaspoon za'atar (see notes)
- 1Sift flour and salt into a large bowl; stir in yeast. Add the water and oil; stir until the mixture forms a sticky dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and dough loses its stickiness. Place dough in an oiled large bowl. Cover; stand in a warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave green beans and peas, separately, until barely tender. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain.
- 3Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil; add broad beans, boil 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse beans under cold water; drain. Peel away skins.
- 4Combine beans, peas and mint in a shallow dish. Top with drained labne. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5To make lemon dressing, whisk juice and 2 tablespoons of the extra oil in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 6Preheat oven to 240°C. Oil a large oven tray.
- 7Punch down dough; spread and stretch dough out on tray into a 26cm x 34cm rectangle. Sprinkle with za'atar.
- 8Bake bread for 8 minutes or until crisp. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- 9Drizzle dressing over labne salad; toss gently to combine. Season. Spoon labne salad onto warm bread; cut into pieces to serve.
Labne is sometimes sold as 'yoghurt cheese'. You can use the oil from the labne instead of the extra olive oil if you like. If you can't find za'atar, you can make your own: combine 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, 2 teaspoons sumac and 2 teaspoons salt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso beef short rib & pumpkin hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020