Vichyssoise is that classic French creamy potato and leek soup which is generally served cold. You can also use Desiree or Pink Fir Apple potatoes for this recipe. For something different, sprinkle a little crumbled roquefort cheese over each bowl along with the chives.
- 50 gram butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 750 gram coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 2 cup (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 300 millilitre cream
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan; cook leek, covered, about 20 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally (do not allow leek to brown).
- 2Add potato, stock and the water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potato is tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth; place soup in large bowl. Stir in cream, cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Divide among serving bowls; sprinkle with chives just before serving.
For a lower-fat version, use low-fat dairy-free spread instead of the butter, and light cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022