- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind
- 300 gram vegetarian mince
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- chilli sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease and line a baking tray.
- 2Combine cheese, onion, parsley and 1 egg in a bowl. Season well. Squeeze out all liquid from carrot and zucchini; add to cheese mixture with lemon rind, mince and breadcrumbs. Combine well. Set aside.
- 3Crack remaining egg into a bowl; whisk gently. Lightly brush exposed pastry with egg. Fold pastry over mince mixture to firmly enclose and form sausage roll. With back of a fork, press edge where pastry meets to ensure a tight seal. Repeat to make four rolls.
- 4Cut each long sausage roll into three small ones. Score top of each sausage roll at regular intervals. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds. Place on prepared tray.
- 5Bake rolls 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Serve with chilli sauce.
Vegetarian mince is a soy vegetable protein that looks just like regular mince and is sold refrigerated in supermarkets. These rolls freeze well before they are baked, which means you can store them for a no-fuss dinner. Simply allow an extra 20 minutes baking time when you remove them from the freezer to bake from frozen.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020