- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind
- 300 gram vegetarian mince
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- chilli sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease and line a baking tray.
- 2Combine cheese, onion, parsley and 1 egg in a bowl. Season well. Squeeze out all liquid from carrot and zucchini; add to cheese mixture with lemon rind, mince and breadcrumbs. Combine well. Set aside.
- 3Crack remaining egg into a bowl; whisk gently. Lightly brush exposed pastry with egg. Fold pastry over mince mixture to firmly enclose and form sausage roll. With back of a fork, press edge where pastry meets to ensure a tight seal. Repeat to make four rolls.
- 4Cut each long sausage roll into three small ones. Score top of each sausage roll at regular intervals. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds. Place on prepared tray.
- 5Bake rolls 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Serve with chilli sauce.
Vegetarian mince is a soy vegetable protein that looks just like regular mince and is sold refrigerated in supermarkets. These rolls freeze well before they are baked, which means you can store them for a no-fuss dinner. Simply allow an extra 20 minutes baking time when you remove them from the freezer to bake from frozen.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Healthy lunch ideas you'll actually be excited to eatYesterday 5:43am
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020