- 500 gram hokkien noodles
- 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice bran oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes, cooked
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 200 gram choy sum, cut into 5cm lengths
- 200 gram fried firm tofu, cut into thin slices
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cup (200g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cos lettuce leaves, finely sliced
- lime wedges, to serve
- fried shallots, to serve
- 1Prepare noodles according to packet directions. Place in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Combine tomato sauce, chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl.
- 2Heat half of oil in a wok on medium. Stir-fry onion for 1 minute. Add potato and tomato and cook for another minute. Lift noodles directly out of water and into wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add choy sum and tofu and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce mixture and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3Make a well in centre of noodles. Add remaining oil and egg. Mix egg very gently to help cook.once egg has just set, turn noodles back into centre and gently lift from base to stir egg through.
- 4Season to taste. Toss through bean sprouts and lettuce. Remove from heat. Serve topped with lime wedges and fried shallots, if desired.
Use two packs of Asian Home Gourmet Indonesian Mee Goreng instead of tomato and chilli sauces. Look in the refrigerator section of your local supermarket for pre-fried or marinated varieties of firm tofu.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022