- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 400 gram piece smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 400 grams can diced tomatoes
- 200 grams green peas
- 300 grams ham and cheese tortellini
- ¼ small cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 1/3 cup (25g) shaved parmesan
- 1Place garlic, onion, ham, paste, stock, 3 cups (750ml) water and the tomatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 5 hours. Season.
- 2Remove ham from cooker; shred meat coarsely using two forks. Return to cooker with peas. Cook, covered, on high, for 10 minutes or until peas are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, cook tortellini in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender; drain. Divide among serving bowls.
- 4Ladle broth over tortellini. Serve soup topped with cabbage and shaved parmesan.
Serve with crusty olive bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022