- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) marsala
- 1/4 cup (60ml) kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 2 tablespoon marsala, extra
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar, extra
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 375 gram small sponge-finger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, approximately
- 1Combine instant coffee and boiling water in a shallow bowl. Stir in marsala and Kahlua.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (for about 4-5 minutes).
- 3Fold in the mascarpone and add the extra marsala into the egg yolk mixture until just combined.
- 4Beat egg whites and extra sugar in a clean, small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into mascarpone mixture and then fold in the thickened cream.
- 5Dip half the biscuits, one at a time, for 1-2 seconds only, into coffee mixture and arrange biscuits in a single layer in a 2-litre (8-cup capacity) square or rectangular dish.
- 6Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits. Repeat with remaining biscuits and mascarpone mixture. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 7Just before serving tiramisu, dust the top with sifted cocoa.
Not suitable to freeze. Choose a sweeter variety of marsala when using in desserts. If you have an espresso machine, make 180ml of short black coffee instead of using instant.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019