- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) marsala
- 1/4 cup (60ml) kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 2 tablespoon marsala, extra
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar, extra
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 375 gram small sponge-finger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, approximately
- 1Combine instant coffee and boiling water in a shallow bowl. Stir in marsala and Kahlua.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (for about 4-5 minutes).
- 3Fold in the mascarpone and add the extra marsala into the egg yolk mixture until just combined.
- 4Beat egg whites and extra sugar in a clean, small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into mascarpone mixture and then fold in the thickened cream.
- 5Dip half the biscuits, one at a time, for 1-2 seconds only, into coffee mixture and arrange biscuits in a single layer in a 2-litre (8-cup capacity) square or rectangular dish.
- 6Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits. Repeat with remaining biscuits and mascarpone mixture. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 7Just before serving tiramisu, dust the top with sifted cocoa.
Not suitable to freeze. Choose a sweeter variety of marsala when using in desserts. If you have an espresso machine, make 180ml of short black coffee instead of using instant.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019