- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) marsala
- 1/4 cup (60ml) kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 2 tablespoon marsala, extra
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar, extra
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 375 gram small sponge-finger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, approximately
- 1Combine instant coffee and boiling water in a shallow bowl. Stir in marsala and Kahlua.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (for about 4-5 minutes).
- 3Fold in the mascarpone and add the extra marsala into the egg yolk mixture until just combined.
- 4Beat egg whites and extra sugar in a clean, small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into mascarpone mixture and then fold in the thickened cream.
- 5Dip half the biscuits, one at a time, for 1-2 seconds only, into coffee mixture and arrange biscuits in a single layer in a 2-litre (8-cup capacity) square or rectangular dish.
- 6Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits. Repeat with remaining biscuits and mascarpone mixture. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 7Just before serving tiramisu, dust the top with sifted cocoa.
Not suitable to freeze. Choose a sweeter variety of marsala when using in desserts. If you have an espresso machine, make 180ml of short black coffee instead of using instant.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021