- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 4 large egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1.25 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 12 slice fresh tamarillo, peeled
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole friand or muffin tray and place a small square of baking paper at the base of each hole.
- 2Melt the butter and mix in icing sugar and lemon zest. In a medium-sized bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt, then add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- 3Stir in the almonds and coconut, mixing gently until combined.
- 4Fill each friand hole to 2/3 full. Place a slice of tamarillo on each.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6Cool for 5 minutes in tray before carefully turning out. Dust with icing sugar and eat!
- Using a regular muffin tray instead of a friand tray will work just as well. - If you only use 10 of the 12 holes in a muffin tray, quarter fill the empty ones with water to preserve your tins during baking. - Save the egg yolks for custards or add to cakes to enrich them.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021