- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 medium eggplant, quartered lengthways, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons chilli bean sauce
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook eggplant, in batches, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- 2Make dressing.
- 3Place eggplant on a serving plate. Pour over dressing and top with chilli.
- 4Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020