- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 medium eggplant, quartered lengthways, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons chilli bean sauce
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook eggplant, in batches, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- 2Make dressing.
- 3Place eggplant on a serving plate. Pour over dressing and top with chilli.
- 4Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021