- 4 green onions
- 1 medium orange sweet potato (400g)
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (320g) finely shredded wombok
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 150g fetta
- 1Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons to serve. Cut sweet potato into chunky wedges. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook sweet potato wedges, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 2Add green onions and wombok to frying pan, stir to combine with the sweet potato; cook for 5 minutes or until wombok is tender. Season to taste. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- 3Half fill a large saucepan with water; bring to the boil. Add vinegar to the water. Crack 1 egg into a cup. Swirl the boiling water with a whisk to create a whirlpool, then slide egg into pan; repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in the pan allow the water to return to the boil. Cover the pan, turn off heat; stand for 3 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- 4Divide bubble and squeak among plates, top with two poached eggs each. Serve sprinkled with grated fetta, reserved green onion and drizzled with remaining olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021