- 4 green onions
- 1 medium orange sweet potato (400g)
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (320g) finely shredded wombok
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 150g fetta
- 1Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons to serve. Cut sweet potato into chunky wedges. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook sweet potato wedges, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 2Add green onions and wombok to frying pan, stir to combine with the sweet potato; cook for 5 minutes or until wombok is tender. Season to taste. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- 3Half fill a large saucepan with water; bring to the boil. Add vinegar to the water. Crack 1 egg into a cup. Swirl the boiling water with a whisk to create a whirlpool, then slide egg into pan; repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in the pan allow the water to return to the boil. Cover the pan, turn off heat; stand for 3 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- 4Divide bubble and squeak among plates, top with two poached eggs each. Serve sprinkled with grated fetta, reserved green onion and drizzled with remaining olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020