- 4 green onions
- 1 medium orange sweet potato (400g)
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (320g) finely shredded wombok
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 150g fetta
- 1Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons to serve. Cut sweet potato into chunky wedges. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook sweet potato wedges, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 2Add green onions and wombok to frying pan, stir to combine with the sweet potato; cook for 5 minutes or until wombok is tender. Season to taste. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- 3Half fill a large saucepan with water; bring to the boil. Add vinegar to the water. Crack 1 egg into a cup. Swirl the boiling water with a whisk to create a whirlpool, then slide egg into pan; repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in the pan allow the water to return to the boil. Cover the pan, turn off heat; stand for 3 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- 4Divide bubble and squeak among plates, top with two poached eggs each. Serve sprinkled with grated fetta, reserved green onion and drizzled with remaining olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019