- 4 green onions
- 1 medium orange sweet potato (400g)
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (320g) finely shredded wombok
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 150g fetta
- 1Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons to serve. Cut sweet potato into chunky wedges. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook sweet potato wedges, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 2Add green onions and wombok to frying pan, stir to combine with the sweet potato; cook for 5 minutes or until wombok is tender. Season to taste. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- 3Half fill a large saucepan with water; bring to the boil. Add vinegar to the water. Crack 1 egg into a cup. Swirl the boiling water with a whisk to create a whirlpool, then slide egg into pan; repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in the pan allow the water to return to the boil. Cover the pan, turn off heat; stand for 3 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- 4Divide bubble and squeak among plates, top with two poached eggs each. Serve sprinkled with grated fetta, reserved green onion and drizzled with remaining olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022