- 200 gram strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water, approximately
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125g) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 (130g) sponge-finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 1To make strawberry sauce, chop strawberries coarsely. Blend or process strawberries until smooth. Strain purée into a small jug; discard seeds. Stir juice, sugar and enough of the water into purée to make 1 cup of sauce.
- 2Beat cream, mascarpone and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat egg yolks and remaining sugar in another small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold egg yolk mixture into mascarpone mixture.
- 3Cut biscuits into half or thirds (depending on glasses). Pour 3/4 cup of strawberry sauce into a small bowl; dip biscuits into sauce. Place soaked biscuits into bases of six 3/4-cup (180ml) glasses. Divide the mascarpone mixture into the glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining strawberry sauce.
- 4Just before serving, pour the remaining strawberry sauce into each glass.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020