- 200 gram strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water, approximately
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125g) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 (130g) sponge-finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 1To make strawberry sauce, chop strawberries coarsely. Blend or process strawberries until smooth. Strain purée into a small jug; discard seeds. Stir juice, sugar and enough of the water into purée to make 1 cup of sauce.
- 2Beat cream, mascarpone and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat egg yolks and remaining sugar in another small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold egg yolk mixture into mascarpone mixture.
- 3Cut biscuits into half or thirds (depending on glasses). Pour 3/4 cup of strawberry sauce into a small bowl; dip biscuits into sauce. Place soaked biscuits into bases of six 3/4-cup (180ml) glasses. Divide the mascarpone mixture into the glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining strawberry sauce.
- 4Just before serving, pour the remaining strawberry sauce into each glass.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021