- 1/3 cup (100g) Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2/3 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces (we used
a combination of thigh and
breast fillets with skin on)
- 3 cups (600g) jasmine rice
- 1 400mL can TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 300 ml water
- to serve limes, cucumber, coriander,
green onions, fresh mango,
snow peas, chilli
- 1To make the marinade, combine the curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- 2Place chicken in a medium dish; pour over two-thirds of the marinade; reserve remaining marinade. Refrigerate for
at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- 3Meanwhile, make coconut rice.
- 4Preheat a barbecue flat plate or griddle pan to medium low. Place a piece of baking paper onto plate or pan, this will prevent the marinade from burning.
- 5Drain chicken from the marinade and discard marinade. Cook chicken pieces over low heat for about 15 minutes until browned on both sides and cooked through. When chicken is almost cooked baste with reserved marinade.
- 6Serve chicken with coconut rice and accompaniments.
- 7Soak rice in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes.
- 8Drain. Rinse rice well until water is almost clear.
- 9Place rice, coconut milk and the water in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until only just beginning to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- 10Remove from heat. Stand, covered without lifting lid, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
If you are using chicken pieces on the bone, the cooking time will be longer. Cook with the lid down on the barbecue or if cooking on the stove top griddle pan, cover loosely with foil.With a rich flavour from natural herbs and spices such as shallot, lemon grass, dried red chilli and kaffir lime peel, Valcom Red Curry Paste is one of our favourite cooking pastes for authentic Thai flavour.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020