- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 gram packet frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill
- 125 gram cottage cheese
- 125 gram feta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 2Sift flours and salt into medium bowl, return husks from sifter to bowl; rub in butter. Add juice and egg yolk, combine until ingredients cling together. Knead gently on floured surface until smooth. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line 23cm flan tin. Lift pastry into tin, gently press around base and side; trim edges. Bake about 15 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- 3Reduce oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- 4Meanwhile, make spinach filling. Put spinach in basin, allow to thaw; reserve liquid. Heat oil in frying pan; cook onion, parsley and garlic, stirring, until tender. Add spinach, reserved liquid and dill; cook, stirring constantly, over heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. When mixture is cold, stir in cheeses and eggs until well combined.
- 5Spread cold spinach filling into pastry case; bake about 30 minutes or until quiche is set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegan roastYesterday 11:59pm
- 4 ways with roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingDec 13, 2019
- Rosé and raspberry trifleDec 13, 2019
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019