- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 gram packet frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill
- 125 gram cottage cheese
- 125 gram feta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 2Sift flours and salt into medium bowl, return husks from sifter to bowl; rub in butter. Add juice and egg yolk, combine until ingredients cling together. Knead gently on floured surface until smooth. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line 23cm flan tin. Lift pastry into tin, gently press around base and side; trim edges. Bake about 15 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- 3Reduce oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- 4Meanwhile, make spinach filling. Put spinach in basin, allow to thaw; reserve liquid. Heat oil in frying pan; cook onion, parsley and garlic, stirring, until tender. Add spinach, reserved liquid and dill; cook, stirring constantly, over heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. When mixture is cold, stir in cheeses and eggs until well combined.
- 5Spread cold spinach filling into pastry case; bake about 30 minutes or until quiche is set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021