- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch (1 kilogram) silverbeet, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 200 gram feta cheese, crumbled
- 200 gram ricotta cheese
- 2 cup (160 grams) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 12 sheets filo pastry (about half a 375g packet)
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 1In a large frypan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens but does not brown. Add the silverbeet; cook, stirring, a further 3 minutes or until the silverbeet has wilted. Place mixture in a colander and allow to drain for a few minutes. Press down gently with a tea towel to remove all excess moisture.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 3In a large bowl, combine silverbeet mixture with cheeses, dill and nutmeg. Season, add eggs and mix well.
- 4Place one sheet of pastry onto a greased oven tray and brush with melted butter. Repeat with 5 more sheets. Place the spinach mixture onto the pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Place another sheet of pastry on a clean board and brush with butter. Repeat with the remaining pastry, then place pastry sheets on top of spinach mixture. Roll up edges of pastry to seal. Brush top with butter. Bake about 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mexican recipes for dinner tonightYesterday 11:37pm
- Balsamic honey pulled-pork bunsYesterday 10:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- ColeslawYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 ways with chorizoYesterday 2:00pm
- Aldi cast iron cookware on sale this weekendYesterday 2:00pm
- Singapore noodlesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef recipes that will send you back in timeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chinese honey chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 2:00pm
- Crisp fried chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic white breadMay 25, 2020
- Tuna mornayMay 25, 2020
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesMay 25, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020