- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch (1 kilogram) silverbeet, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 200 gram feta cheese, crumbled
- 200 gram ricotta cheese
- 2 cup (160 grams) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 12 sheets filo pastry (about half a 375g packet)
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 1In a large frypan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens but does not brown. Add the silverbeet; cook, stirring, a further 3 minutes or until the silverbeet has wilted. Place mixture in a colander and allow to drain for a few minutes. Press down gently with a tea towel to remove all excess moisture.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 3In a large bowl, combine silverbeet mixture with cheeses, dill and nutmeg. Season, add eggs and mix well.
- 4Place one sheet of pastry onto a greased oven tray and brush with melted butter. Repeat with 5 more sheets. Place the spinach mixture onto the pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Place another sheet of pastry on a clean board and brush with butter. Repeat with the remaining pastry, then place pastry sheets on top of spinach mixture. Roll up edges of pastry to seal. Brush top with butter. Bake about 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021