- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 100 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dill sprigs
- 150 gram fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 gram smoked ocean trout or salmon
- 2 green onions (green shallots), chopped
- 2 teaspoon drained baby capers
- 250 gram oven roasted truss tomatoes and baby spinach leaves, to serve
- 1Process flours and butter until combined. Add sour cream, process until mixture just comes together. Turn onto a board, shape into a flat disc. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes or freeze 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line a 25cm loose-based flan tin (3.5cm deep). Remove baking paper, ease pastry into side; trim pastry. Place tin on an oven tray. Line pastry with baking paper, fill with pastry weights, dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights; bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Lightly beat eggs and milk in a medium bowl; season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Sprinkle pastry case with dill. Place small spoonfuls of ricotta and slices of trout into pastry case; sprinkle with onion and capers. Pour egg mixture slowly into case. Place tomatoes on tray next to flan tin; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Bake quiche and tomatoes for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are just softened. Transfer tomatoes to a plate. Bake quiche for a further 20 minutes or until just set in the centre.
- 6Serve quiche with tomatoes and rocket.
You can use reduced-fat dairy spread and light sour cream in the pastry if you prefer, however it will change the flavour and texture. To make a sweet version of this pastry, add ¼ cup (40g) pure icing sugar to the flour and the seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019