- 1 kilogram green king prawns
- 3 medium onions
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon satay sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1Shell prawns; using point of small knife, cut each prawn down back and re-move back vein. With sharp knife, make deep slit down back of prawn, taking care not to cut right through.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients in bowl, add prawns, mix well, stand two hours.
- 3Cut onions in half, then cut each half in wedges.
- 4Peel oil in large pan or wok, add onions, saute until transparent, approximately two minutes.
- 5Add prawns and marinade mixture to wok, saute until prawns have turned light pink and prawns are cooked, approximately three minutes, add water, mix well.
- 6Arrange lettuce leaves around edge of plate, spoon prawns over. To serve in the traditional style, place small metal bowl in centre of prawns. Fill with warmed brandy and set alight. Pick up a prawn with chopsticks, hold over brandy flame to heat and flavour prawns.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pork dinner recipesToday 1:00am
- Mexican riceYesterday 1:00pm
- Mixed berry coconut layer cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Freekeh tabbouleh beetrootYesterday 1:00pm
- Soft ricottaYesterday 1:00pm
- Lovely lamington recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy one-pan roast chicken breasts with veggiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lamington cream layer cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Eggplant bolognese bakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Rocky roadYesterday 1:00pm
- Recipes and guide to the keto dietYesterday 1:00pm
- Kimchi 2 waysYesterday 1:00pm
- Zucchini ribbon skewers with tomato fetta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 banana bread recipesYesterday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastYesterday 12:23am