- 1.2 kilograms royal red potatoes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking salt
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan in a single layer. Add vinegar, water and salt; bring to the boil.
- 2Boil, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Transfer potatoes to a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- 4Using a potato masher or fork, press potatoes until flattened slightly.
- 5Drizzle with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season to taste; serve.
Roast potatoes should be finished just before serving to retain their crunch. If too pale, brush generously with melted butter. Turn oven to hottest temperature; roast 10 minutes or until browned and crisp while meat or poultry rests. For potato perfection next time, roast in duck fat or use a shallower pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020