- 1.2 kilograms royal red potatoes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking salt
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan in a single layer. Add vinegar, water and salt; bring to the boil.
- 2Boil, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Transfer potatoes to a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- 4Using a potato masher or fork, press potatoes until flattened slightly.
- 5Drizzle with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season to taste; serve.
Roast potatoes should be finished just before serving to retain their crunch. If too pale, brush generously with melted butter. Turn oven to hottest temperature; roast 10 minutes or until browned and crisp while meat or poultry rests. For potato perfection next time, roast in duck fat or use a shallower pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesYesterday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesYesterday 12:20am
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020