- 1.2 kilograms royal red potatoes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking salt
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan in a single layer. Add vinegar, water and salt; bring to the boil.
- 2Boil, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Transfer potatoes to a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- 4Using a potato masher or fork, press potatoes until flattened slightly.
- 5Drizzle with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season to taste; serve.
Roast potatoes should be finished just before serving to retain their crunch. If too pale, brush generously with melted butter. Turn oven to hottest temperature; roast 10 minutes or until browned and crisp while meat or poultry rests. For potato perfection next time, roast in duck fat or use a shallower pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiApr 30, 2021
- Caramelised onion and cheddar pull-apartApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm