- 1.2 kilograms royal red potatoes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking salt
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan in a single layer. Add vinegar, water and salt; bring to the boil.
- 2Boil, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Transfer potatoes to a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- 4Using a potato masher or fork, press potatoes until flattened slightly.
- 5Drizzle with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season to taste; serve.
Roast potatoes should be finished just before serving to retain their crunch. If too pale, brush generously with melted butter. Turn oven to hottest temperature; roast 10 minutes or until browned and crisp while meat or poultry rests. For potato perfection next time, roast in duck fat or use a shallower pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm