- 1.2 kilograms royal red potatoes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking salt
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan in a single layer. Add vinegar, water and salt; bring to the boil.
- 2Boil, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Transfer potatoes to a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- 4Using a potato masher or fork, press potatoes until flattened slightly.
- 5Drizzle with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season to taste; serve.
Roast potatoes should be finished just before serving to retain their crunch. If too pale, brush generously with melted butter. Turn oven to hottest temperature; roast 10 minutes or until browned and crisp while meat or poultry rests. For potato perfection next time, roast in duck fat or use a shallower pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022