- 300 gram kipfler potatoes (fingerlings), sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 (70g) medium lemon, sliced thinly
- 1 small (90g) tomato , sliced thinly
- 2 x 180g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoon baby capers
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Combine the potato and onion in a roasting pan; drizzle with half the oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until browned lightly and tender.
- 3Meanwhile, arrange lemon and tomato on two 30cm square pieces of baking paper. Top with salmon, capers and fennel seeds; drizzle with remaining oil. Fold paper into a parcel to enclose salmon; place on an oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until salmon is cooked as desired.
- 4Serve salmon parcels with potato and onion; top with spinach and parsley.
- Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
- The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the cut.
- You could try this recipe with firm white fish fillets or even chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegan roastYesterday 11:59pm
- 4 ways with roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingDec 13, 2019
- Rosé and raspberry trifleDec 13, 2019
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019