- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1 baby beets, drained, halved or quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon each curry powder, cumin, celery salt
- 75 gram feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs
- 1Rinse lentils, then stir into a large saucepan of 4 cups boiling water. Cover and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until just tender. Drain off excess moisture.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180ºC. Toss the beets, red onion, capsicum and cherry tomatoes in the oil and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and just coloured.
- 3Combine lemon juice, oil, honey, ginger and spices in a screwtop jar and shake well.
- 4To serve, layer the warm lentils with the roasted vegetables. Crumble over the feta, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs. Drizzle over dressing before serving.
Green lentils are a versatile legume and can be used like rice, couscous or quinoa. They have a slightly nutty, earthy flavour, but also take on the flavours they are cooked with. Use in soups as a thickening ingredient or in casseroles to soak up the juices. Lentils are a great source of protein and fabulous for heart and digestive health.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022