- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 600 gram frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1Stir the water and sugar in small saucepan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 5 minutes.
- 2Blend or process raspberries, juice and hot sugar mixture until smooth.
- 3Push mixture through fine sieve into 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; discard seeds. Cover with foil; freeze until firm.
- 4Chop frozen berry mixture coarsely. Blend or process with egg whites until smooth and paler in colour. Return mixture to pan, cover; freeze until firm.
This recipe can be made a week in advance. Raspberries may be replaced with any other berry. If using an ice-cream churner, combine fruit puree with egg whites; churn following manufacturer's instructions.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021