- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 600 gram frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1Stir the water and sugar in small saucepan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 5 minutes.
- 2Blend or process raspberries, juice and hot sugar mixture until smooth.
- 3Push mixture through fine sieve into 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; discard seeds. Cover with foil; freeze until firm.
- 4Chop frozen berry mixture coarsely. Blend or process with egg whites until smooth and paler in colour. Return mixture to pan, cover; freeze until firm.
This recipe can be made a week in advance. Raspberries may be replaced with any other berry. If using an ice-cream churner, combine fruit puree with egg whites; churn following manufacturer's instructions.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020