- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 600 gram frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1Stir the water and sugar in small saucepan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 5 minutes.
- 2Blend or process raspberries, juice and hot sugar mixture until smooth.
- 3Push mixture through fine sieve into 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; discard seeds. Cover with foil; freeze until firm.
- 4Chop frozen berry mixture coarsely. Blend or process with egg whites until smooth and paler in colour. Return mixture to pan, cover; freeze until firm.
This recipe can be made a week in advance. Raspberries may be replaced with any other berry. If using an ice-cream churner, combine fruit puree with egg whites; churn following manufacturer's instructions.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020