- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (150g) cooked mashed pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cup (375g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg cup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, approximately
- 1Preheat oven to 240°C/475°F. Lightly grease two 20cm (8-inch) round cake pans.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in small bowlwithelectricmixeruntillight and fluffy; gradually beat in egg. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 3Stir in pumpkin, then dry ingredients and enough milk to make a soft sticky dough. Knead dough quickly and lightly on floured surface until smooth.
- 4Press dough out evenly to 2cm (¾-inch)thickness.Dip5cm(2-inch) round cutter into flour; cut as many rounds as you can from the piece of dough.
- 5Place scones side by side, just touching, in pan. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat pressing and cutting out of dough. Place rounds in pan; brush tops with a little extra milk.
- 6Bake scones about 15 minutes.
You will need to cook about 250g (8 ounces) pumpkin for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020