- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (150g) cooked mashed pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cup (375g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg cup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, approximately
- 1Preheat oven to 240°C/475°F. Lightly grease two 20cm (8-inch) round cake pans.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in small bowlwithelectricmixeruntillight and fluffy; gradually beat in egg. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 3Stir in pumpkin, then dry ingredients and enough milk to make a soft sticky dough. Knead dough quickly and lightly on floured surface until smooth.
- 4Press dough out evenly to 2cm (¾-inch)thickness.Dip5cm(2-inch) round cutter into flour; cut as many rounds as you can from the piece of dough.
- 5Place scones side by side, just touching, in pan. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat pressing and cutting out of dough. Place rounds in pan; brush tops with a little extra milk.
- 6Bake scones about 15 minutes.
You will need to cook about 250g (8 ounces) pumpkin for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019