- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (150g) cooked mashed pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cup (375g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg cup
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, approximately
- 1Preheat oven to 240°C/475°F. Lightly grease two 20cm (8-inch) round cake pans.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in small bowlwithelectricmixeruntillight and fluffy; gradually beat in egg. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 3Stir in pumpkin, then dry ingredients and enough milk to make a soft sticky dough. Knead dough quickly and lightly on floured surface until smooth.
- 4Press dough out evenly to 2cm (¾-inch)thickness.Dip5cm(2-inch) round cutter into flour; cut as many rounds as you can from the piece of dough.
- 5Place scones side by side, just touching, in pan. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat pressing and cutting out of dough. Place rounds in pan; brush tops with a little extra milk.
- 6Bake scones about 15 minutes.
You will need to cook about 250g (8 ounces) pumpkin for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021