- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 500 gram butternut pumpkin
- olive-oil spray
- 1.25 litre (5 cups) water
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (140g) tahini
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, extra
Green onion crisps
- 6 green onions (scallions)
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon (14g) dried yeast
- 2 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) hot water, approximately
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes, extra
Pumpkin hummus with green onion crisps
- 1Place chickpeas in medium bowl, cover with cold water; stand overnight.
- 2Make green onion crisps. Finely chop trimmed onions. Combine onion, flour, yeast, salt and sugar in medium bowl; make a well in the centre. Stir in oil and enough of the water to mix to a soft dough. Knead dough on floured surface about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in large oiled bowl, cover; stand in warm place about 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Oil oven trays, place in oven.
- 4Turn dough onto floured surface; knead until smooth. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece into long ovals about 3mm (⅛ inch) thick; place on hot trays.
- 5Lightly coat with olive-oil spray. Sprinkle with extra salt. Bake about 5 minutes or until browned lightly and crisp. Reduce oven temperature to 200°C/400°F.
- 6Chop peeled pumpkin coarsely. Place pumpkin, in single layer, in baking-paper-lined large shallow baking dish; spray pumpkin with oil. Roast, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- 7Meanwhile, rinse and drain chickpeas. Place chickpeas and the water in large saucepan; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until chickpeas are tender. Drain chickpeas over a medium heatproof bowl; reserve cooking liquid.
- 8Meanwhile, peel and quarter garlic. Blend or process chickpeas with 1 cup reserved cooking liquid, garlic, pumpkin, juice, tahini and oil until smooth (add a little more of the reserved cooking liquid, if you need, until hummus is a creamy consistency). Season to taste.
- 9Drizzle hummus with extra oil, serve with green onion crisps.
Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a long oval about 3mm thick.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021