- 8 (240g) thick rashers streaky bacon
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 500 g peeled Jap pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 375 g frozen ready-rolled butter puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line three oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Place the bacon on one tray; brush with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn bacon over; cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- 3Cut pumpkin into 2.5cm pieces; place on a second tray. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup and half the olive oil; toss well to coat. Season generously. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- 4Meanwhile, using a 11cm cutter, cut four rounds from pastry. With a 7.5cm cutter, press the cutter partially into each pastry round, leaving an indent of a circle. Prick all over inside the circle with a fork. Place rounds on third oven tray. Fill circles of rounds with cooled pumpkin.
- 5Bake tarts for 20 minutes or until pastry is dark golden and puffed.
- 6Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan; cook for 1½ minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- 7Serve tarts topped with bacon and a fried egg.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesFeb 16, 2020
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesFeb 16, 2020
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltFeb 16, 2020
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesFeb 16, 2020
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeFeb 16, 2020
- Dark chocolate mud cakeFeb 16, 2020
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020