- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 thick pieces veal osso buco (1.8kg)
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (80g) coarsely chopped pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
- 1Heat oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook veal, in batches, until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 2Add onion, garlic, anchovy and chopped basil to cooker; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Return veal to cooker with tomatoes and wine; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, if required; cook 30 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method (see tips); remove lid. Stir in olives; season to taste.
- 4Serve veal with sauce, sprinkled with basil leaves.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won’t need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before using. Quick release method: Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019