- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 thick pieces veal osso buco (1.8kg)
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (80g) coarsely chopped pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
- 1Heat oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook veal, in batches, until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 2Add onion, garlic, anchovy and chopped basil to cooker; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Return veal to cooker with tomatoes and wine; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure, if required; cook 30 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method (see tips); remove lid. Stir in olives; season to taste.
- 4Serve veal with sauce, sprinkled with basil leaves.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won’t need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before using. Quick release method: Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019