Prawn caesar salad
- 8 sourdough bread, thin slices
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 egg
- 90 gram fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, fat removed, chopped
- 20 medium uncooked prawns, shelled deveined, leaving tails intact
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/3 cup parmesan, freshly flaked
Prawn caesar salad
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan forced. Place bread, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden and crisp. Cool. Break bread into 2cm pieces.
- 2To make dressing, use paper towels to pat oil from anchovies. Coarsely chop anchovies, reserving half for salad. Blend or process remaining anchovies, egg, ricotta, yogurt, juice, mustard and garlic for 1 minute or until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a small frying pan over moderate heat. Add bacon; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add prawns to pan; cook for 1 minute each side or until cooked.
- 4Combine lettuce, parmesan, bread, bacon and reserved anchovies in a large bowl. Divide salad among serving plates. Serve topped with prawns. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
You can use low-fat substitutes for the yogurt and ricotta, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020
- Raspberry and almond trifleNov 20, 2020