Prawn caesar salad
- 8 sourdough bread, thin slices
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 egg
- 90 gram fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, fat removed, chopped
- 20 medium uncooked prawns, shelled deveined, leaving tails intact
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/3 cup parmesan, freshly flaked
Prawn caesar salad
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan forced. Place bread, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden and crisp. Cool. Break bread into 2cm pieces.
- 2To make dressing, use paper towels to pat oil from anchovies. Coarsely chop anchovies, reserving half for salad. Blend or process remaining anchovies, egg, ricotta, yogurt, juice, mustard and garlic for 1 minute or until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a small frying pan over moderate heat. Add bacon; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add prawns to pan; cook for 1 minute each side or until cooked.
- 4Combine lettuce, parmesan, bread, bacon and reserved anchovies in a large bowl. Divide salad among serving plates. Serve topped with prawns. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
You can use low-fat substitutes for the yogurt and ricotta, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021